What starts as a poignant medical documentary about Deborah Logan’s descent into Alzheimer’s disease and her daughter’s struggles as caregiver degenerates into a maddening portrayal of dementia at its most frightening, as hair-raising events begin to plague the family and crew and an unspeakable malevolence threatens to tear the very fabric of sanity from them all.
- Deborah Logan: Jill Larson
- Sarah Logan: Anne Ramsay
- Mia Medina: Michelle Ang
- Harris: Ryan Cutrona
- Gavin: Brett Gentile
- Dr. Nazir: Anne Bedian
- Luis: Jeremy DeCarlos
- Deputy Linda Tweed: Tonya Bludsworth
- Cara’s Mother: Melissa Lozoff
- Cara: Julianne Taylor
- Producer: Bryan Singer
- Casting: Mark Tillman
- Sound Designer: Mark L. Mangino
- Cinematography: Andrew Huebscher
- Producer: Jeff Rice
- Casting: Mitzi Corrigan
- Casting: Paige Johnson
- Visual Effects Supervisor: Berj Bannayan
- Music: Haim Mazar
- Sound Re-Recording Mixer: Michael Perricone
- Costume Design: Jayme Bohn
- Writer: Adam Robitel
- Writer: Gavin Heffernan
- Visual Effects Producer: Allan Magled
- Foley: Samantha Iorio
- Foley: Eric Crepeau
- Sound Effects Editor: Laird Fryer
- Casting: Lee Broda
- Production Design: Danielle Aziz
- Art Department Coordinator: Marisa A. Avila
- Animation Director: Stacy Jannis
- Animation: Rob Hutcheson
- First Assistant Camera: Wade Ferrari
- Still Photographer: Erik Justen
- Script Supervisor: Christopher M. Searcey
- Music Editor: Sebastian Örnemark
- Makeup Department Head: Samantha A. Smith
- Makeup Artist: Renee Goodwin
- Gimly: A horror movie whether Deborah is possessed or not.
Every character is dumb as Hell, but the premise and a couple of visuals are enough to keep you involved. Gains absolutely nothing from the Found Footage format though.
Final rating:★★ – Had some things that appeal to me, but a poor finished product.
- Reno: **Secrets from the past is about to explode!**
It was released a while ago, but I was not interested in the horrors, because they are not my kind. For an atheist, horror films are mostly a joke. I do like or enjoy watching them, but I do it very rarely. This is not one of that. Frankly, I don’t know why all the horror films are same, but different cast, location and situation.
If you have seen sufficient films in your life, then you would also find it nothing special. This a found-footage kind where a student making a thesis on an old woman with alzheimer. As usual, something goes wrong and all hell breaks loose. So finding the root cause and stopping it becomes the main task for all who are involved with it.
I am sure those who watch films rarely might have more fun with it. I mean edgy moments with all the scares. From a new director with a decent cast. This is another title from the recent that to have a name Logan. Like all the horrors, this too ended with wide open, but so far there’s no news about a sequel. I hope they won’t make it. I did not enjoy it, but still you could if you are not my kind as I’ve explained.