Recently deceased, a white-sheeted ghost returns to his suburban home to console his bereft wife, only to find that in his spectral state he has become unstuck in time, forced to watch passively as the life he knew and the woman he loves slowly slip away.
- C: Casey Affleck
- M: Rooney Mara
- Prognosticator: Will Oldham
- Linda: Liz Cardenas Franke
- Maria: Sonia Acevedo
- Carlos: Carlos Bermudez
- Yasmina: Yasmina Gutierrez
- Clara: Brea Grant
- Clara’s Wife: Augustine Frizzell
- Neighbor’s Ghost: David Lowery
- Spirit Girl: Kesha
- Pioneer Man: Rob Zabrecky
- Man in Wheelchair: Grover Coulson
- Doctor: Kenneisha Thompson
- Little Boy: McColm Kona Cephas Jr.
- Gentleman Caller: Barlow Jacobs
- At the Party: Chris Gardner
- Chairman: Bryan Pitts
- Sound Re-Recording Mixer: Johnny Marshall
- Additional Editor: Shane Carruth
- Thanks: Alexi Wasser
- Production Design: Jade Healy
- Original Music Composer: Daniel Hart
- Editor: David Lowery
- Casting: Tisha Blood
- Producer: Adam Donaghey
- Set Decoration: Adam Willis
- Producer: James M. Johnston
- Director of Photography: Andrew Droz Palermo
- Producer: Toby Halbrooks
- Co-Producer: Liz Cardenas Franke
- Visual Effects Supervisor: Richard Krause
- Casting: Matthew West Taylor
- Costume Design: Annell Brodeur
- Thanks: Jonathan Aldrich
- Makeup Department Head: Amy L. Forsythe
- Set Decoration: Judd Myers
- Production Design: Tom Walker
- Executive Producer: David Maddox
- First Assistant Director: Angie Meyer
- Thanks: Lucy Bird
- Thanks: Steve Franke
- Thanks: Jay Pink
- Thanks: Scooter Walsh
- Art Direction: David Pink
- Makeup Artist: Meagan D’Von
- Second Assistant Director: LouAnn Wu
- Production Assistant: Tiffany Felts
- Production Assistant: Gabriel Gutierrez
- Gimly: If a movie is boring on purpose, is it still boring?
Well, as it turns out: Yes.
But props for trying something different.
_Final rating:★★ – Had some things that appeal to me, but a poor finished product._
- Reno: **A love story from another dimension!**
I did not think what the title says was literal. I assumed some person with social-shy, wore a white cloth like a mask to confront it. Totally surprised by what I saw. Frankly, I did not like at the first. It was a boring start. I could not overcome that pie eating scene. It was damn too long for nothing. That kinds are the source of boredom. But the actress did good on that. Then what followed were amazing. I truly was not expected that. So at the end, I thought it was an average, then thought a decent and finally realised its something unique and awesome. The lesson is, the more time you give between watching the film and your opinion, the result would only get better.
Well the story was so simple. A couple with their average life get affected when one of them dies in a car accident. Soon the ghost resides the house looking for a reason to stay. It is kind of a love story from another dimension. As the time passes on, things change and complicates the quest. But there’s always a way to fix it, even for a ghost, so how its been done and what it is was the remaining story.
The cast was good, but most of the film it was about the ghost, which could have been anybody inside the sheet. So can’t appreciate particularly anyone. As I have heard, Casey did all those parts as he should be. Even though that was not a praisable performance than a simple presence. It’s his second collaboration with the director along with Rooney Mara. The one question that everybody who saw it needed to be answered is what was the note says. I googled and got the Q&A with the director that says, nobody knows, not even Mara remembers what she wrote.
This is one of the best films. With or without reason the story happened. But that’s not the matter, instead, how cleverly, such a concept was developed and made into a film makes the interesting fact. They even did not require a higher end graphics, except in small quantity. It will gain a cult status and as the years go by, it will be considered one of best 1,000 films. So recommend it, but be patient, at least in the initial stage and take a day to give an opinion on it. Maybe reading articles about the plot if you have a doubt is good. Really a creative film!