A story of Naoufel, a young man who is in love with Gabrielle. In another part of town, a severed hand escapes from a dissection lab, determined to find its body again.
- Naoufel (voice): Hakim Faris
- Gabrielle (voice): Victoire Du Bois
- Gigi (voice): Patrick d’Assumçao
- Young Naoufel (voice): Alfonso Arfi
- The Father (voice): Hichem Mesbah
- The Mother (voice): Myriam Loucif
- Raouf (voice): Bellamine Abdelmalek
- Librarian (voice): Maud Le Guenedal
- Mrs. Lussac (voice): Nicole Favart
- Manager Fast Pizza (voice): Quentin Baillot
- La mère du bébé (voice): Céline Ronté
- La copine de Raouf (voice): Deborah Grall
- Le pianiste aveugle (voice): Pascal Rocher
- L’automobiliste / L’éboueur (voice): Bruno Hausler
- Le commentateur de foot et reportage (voice): Jocelyn Veluire
- Le professeur de faculté (voice): Raymond Hosni
- Voix d’ambiance (voice): Guillaume Desmarchellier
- Novel: Guillaume Laurant
- Sound Mixer: Jérôme Wiciak
- Songs: Dan Levy
- Producer: Marc Du Pontavice
- Storyboard Artist: Jérémy Clapin
- Production Design: Fursy Teyssier
- Storyboard Artist: Julien Bisaro
- Editor: Benjamin Massoubre
- Executive Producer: Lucie Bolze
- Animation: Orange
- Animation Director: David Nasser
- Sound Designer: Manuel Drouglazet
- Sound Editor: Anne-Sophie Coste
- Production Design: Jeoffrey Magellan
- Executive Producer: Camille Wiplier
- Taha: Now that I’m looking back at the movies I watched in 2019, I realized how good this year was for movie buffs! We had fabulous movies like Jojo Rabbit, Joker, Parasite, 1917, Toy Story 4, etc. However, I wasn’t that attracted to this animation. I watched it yesterday and honestly, I feel bad for not watching it earlier…
I loved everything about this animation: The Screenplay, the Soundtrack (the songs are truly unique and are masterpieces), the Character Developments, the Flashbacks, and the Romance in it. As I already mentioned, the Soundtracks are beautiful. The track called ‘J’ai Perdu Mon Corps’ – other songs in the movie have the same style – intensifies the emotions present in every scene that it is played in. The fact that they made the movie in a way that makes you wonder where the ‘hand’ is going and what really happened is another powerful part of the movie. The rain… the atmosphere… everything is stunning.
I wish there was more at the end. I tried to rationalize what happened. Where would he go? Did he leave her forever? Will he return back to his uncle? Will he ever stand up? What I’m saying is that I did not find a conclusion at the end. It’s like finishing the movie before the story actually ends…
The Quotes were amazing too… They make you contemplate at some point… Here are my favorites:
Naoufel: Do you believe in fate? No, seriously.
Gabrielle: That everything is written in advance? That we follow a trajectory?
Gabrielle: And that we can’t change anything?
Naoufel: We think that we can, but we can’t. It’s an illusion. Unless we do… Something completely unpredictable and irrational. It’s the only way to conjure the spell for good.
The Father: I never said it was easy. You can’t win every time. That’s life.
Naoufel: That it must be peaceful to be cut off from the world like that. To see nothing… hear nothing…